Grid Management Software as a Service
Through our open source software platform, Camus Energy empowers utilities and energy providers to address the challenges of today while laying the foundation for tomorrow.
Manage Costs and Tame Complexity
Reduce peak demand, harness flexible load and supply, improve operational efficiency, and advance strategic investments with real-time monitoring and control.
Achieve decarbonization goals with local generation and load flexibility, using tools designed to manage uncertainty and intermittent generation.
Diagnose operational risks, understand outage impacts, improve safety and transparency, and prioritize resilience investments with real-time visibility and near-term forecasting.
Position for a Community-Centric DSO Future
We support local grid management: balancing traditional reliance on the bulk power system with greater use of local energy procurement.
This approach, led by Distribution System Operators (DSOs), accelerates the transition to advanced grids with robust community participation and local markets.
Modern software tools and state-of-the-art integration enable continuous monitoring of grid state, detecting faults in real-time, and acting quickly to bolster reliability, power quality, and customer satisfaction.
Build Next-Generation Capabilities, Today
Understand what’s happening on both sides of the meter with insights from new & existing data.
Control resources of all types from a unified platform to achieve system-level goals.
Manage distribution-level markets for energy and grid support while integrating with bulk (ISO & RTO) markets
We Empower Utilities and Energy Providers
& Municipal Utilities
- Support Local Renewables
- Manage Peak Demand
- Evaluate Change in Context
- Bolster Grid Reliability
- Accelerate Decarbonization
- Manage Cost and Equity
- Increase Local Resilience
- Enable Supply Coordination
& Virtual Grids
- Coordinate Portfolio Dispatch
- View Real-Time Performance
- Forecast Local Generation
- Participate in Local Markets
Software Experts for a Distributed Grid
The transition to zero carbon electricity relies on robust distributed systems. Our team at Camus Energy leverages decades of experience building distributed systems at leading technology companies including Google, Android, Uber, and SpaceX.
We are experts in:
- Constructing massive-scale telemetry for billions of endpoints
- Managing intermittent connections, such as Uber drivers in a tunnel, where a single data source may not be trustworthy
- Designing hierarchical control models to provide reliable service from millions of components
- Leading zero trust cybersecurity design and implementation for a $100 billion business
We bring expertise in building some of the world’s biggest systems to one of the world’s biggest problems – decarbonizing the grid.
The Grid Connects Us
Get in Touch
Camus Energy can support your team.
We want to hear from you! Whether you’re a potential user with questions about our grid management platform or a future collaborator looking to get in touch, we’re here to help.
- Request a product demo
- Become a development partner
- See our Careers page for current opportunities to join our team
If you’re looking to work on the hardest problems, and help shape the future of energy, then get in touch!